Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Fabulous School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

So, I just returned from seeing Harry Potter and the Half-Blood prince, and I have to say I am impressed. I really did not expect it to be an enjoyable movie, especially with the fact that I had not previously read the book. This gave me the impression that I was going to walk into the movie, sit down, and spend Two and a Half hours going "What? Who? When?" which I only did for five minutes when they decided to ignore Cho Chang and comletely force Ginny and Harry together. Oh yeah, sorry for spoilers. But seriously, though I know it's supposed to be the crew growing up and experiencing love and teenage dating and all that stuff, the love sub-plots seemed slightly forced. In fact the fact that Harry had completely forgotten about Cho and they didn't even show her, or mention her, or acknowledge her existance I think proved that. It was like they tossed out a character who was decided to be unimportant and force him with a pre-existing character. Oh and don't get me started on Lavender. Though her existance would be more of a fight with the book than the movie, since it was obvious that Rowling put her in to kind of give Ron and Hermoine a thing to draw them close together. But enough of that whining, all in all, I thought the movie was thrilling. The action kept me going, the plot was easy to follow, though a little weaker compared to the other movies. Still, this movie left me, charmed, I guess, to use a terrible pun. And like usual, this movie makes me want to live in a world of magic, but for completely different reasons. According to this movie, if you live in a world of magic, you look fabulous, always and forever. Every single person in this movie looked good, no matter if they were a guy or girl, old or young. Every single person was made to be attractive. Hell, Nevil Longbottom had like 2 minutes in this entire movie and even then they make you think "Damn, Nevil is probably getting tons of Hot Witch Models". It was almost ridiculous how good everyone looked, in fact Draco Malfoy only walked around in a suit, and once or twice a vest. I don't even dress that nicely, that often. That's what I call an extreme.

Seriously, I thought Twilight's wardrobe was ridiculous, guess I was proved wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment